Welcome back to my Master Bedroom Saga!
Today I’m sharing Part Two: The Easy Stuff.
Let me explain.
Due to the fact that I’ve had to do it waaaayyyy more than the average person, I consider myself a decluttering expert.
Clutter prevention? I’m still working on that one.
But decluttering/recovering-a-room-that-has-again-suffered-a-stuff-explosion? I’m your girl.
So I’ve figured out how to get started decluttering when you don’t know where to start. When peeking into the room makes you want to go apply for one of those shows where someone comes in and does it all for you.
Do the Easy Stuff First.
So that’s what I did as I tackled this:
I started removing the easy stuff.
Stuff like the dining room chair that I have no recollection of moving in there. The dining room chair that was covered in the clothes I chose not to pack for our trip to D.C.
Stuff like my steam mop. (Which has a spot in the laundry room.)
And the donation box that I forgot to put out for pick-up last month. (Which got shoved into the master bedroom when guests were on their way over.)
After only 30(ish) minutes, the easy stuff in the biggest dumping area of the room was done.
And here’s where I admit that this huge and truly overwhelming project distracted me from taking the best before and after pics. There are after shots in the video, but no still photos.
I could go take a picture right now, but it wouldn’t represent correctly. See, I’m done with this project now. I even vacuumed in there as part of my regular(ish) vacuuming day last Friday.
After getting the “easy stuff” out, the area was still far from perfect. Lots of random socks and stuff. I recommend you watch the video to get the full feel of the project! (If you’re an email reader, click the post title to get to the blog and watch the webisode.)
Now, let me explain how I plan for this series to go. I am finished with the project. I didn’t post about it as I was going because honestly . . . I had very little faith that I would actually be able to finish.
I also needed to focus the majority of my time on the job, and writing and webisode-editing are very time-consuming. I did keep a journal, though, so I wouldn’t forget the feelings I experienced or the way things progressed.
When I looked at the journal for this post . . . I was surprised at how little I’d written about what had been enough for an entire webisode. Basically, even though it was physically exhausting and overwhelming getting the easy stuff out, there really wasn’t a huge amount of angst involved. The angst starts in part three when I began dealing with the hard stuff.
Be sure you’re subscribed or following me on Facebook so you don’t miss anything!