It’s that time of year for goal setting. I’ve been thinking about goals/resolutions/whatever-you-want-to-call-them in the area of my deslobification process, and I’ll be sharing those in the next few days.
But of course, I’m also thinking about my blogging goals. And since Savvy Blogging is hosting a blogging goals linky, I thought I would go ahead and share them.
- Keep going. I started this blog (with a subject I never thought I’d write about) to keep myself in check. My house was in total chaos, and I had no idea how to keep it from getting that way. By blogging as way to keep myself accountable, I could scratch my itch to write and work on changing the thing I most detested about myself. Sometimes I get frustrated by how well my brilliant plan (to keep myself from letting blogging consume me at the expense of my home) works. But that frustration just shows me how important it is to maintain the balance. I have a long way to go to in this coming clean process, and so I’m going to keep doing what I’ve been doing.
- Focus on my daughter. As of next fall, my life will be quite different. My youngest will go to school. I’m gearing myself up to say “no” to anything this spring that will take my focus away from her. I will have more time available to devote to the business side of the blog after she starts to school. For now, that stuff will have to wait.
- Put things in place to be ready to take things to a new level next fall. While I can’t add things to my schedule right now, I want to think ahead so I can be ready in the fall. I would like to start doing some speaking. I know, as a former moms’ group leader, that the speaker topic most requested is housekeeping/organization. I’ve gained quite a bit of passion on that topic, and believe I have a unique perspective that can truly help others. As an experienced speaker/performer, I feel that speaking is a natural extension of this blog. While I can’t start until the fall, I need to put myself out there now as groups begin putting their schedules together for next year. On that note, if you are involved in a moms’ group in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I’d love it if you would tell your leadership about me.
- Start an additional blog next fall. I have ideas for blogs that will be more business focused. They’re the ones I couldn’t justify starting because I knew they would take focus away from my home. The one I’m planning to start next fall is outside of the niches of blogs that I’m familiar with. As I have time, I need to start researching that area.
- Let God be in control of where all of this goes. I have big dreams for this blog. As I figure myself out, and meet so many others who have the same struggles, my desire to not just help myself, but them as well, deepens. And honestly, I dream of being recognized as a writer. I’d love for this blog to take off and reach the people who might benefit from it, but have no idea that it exists. But while those daydreams are exciting, I don’t want to do anything outside of God’s will. I believe that He can use me and use this blog for His glory. I want Him to direct me.
I truly love this blogging gig. It doesn’t pay any bills, but is so much fun and has benefited me in ways I never imagined possible. To my faithful readers, I want to say “Thank you” for sticking with me, and letting me know that I’m not alone. Maybe a little crazy . . . but at least not alone.