***Kristina won this giveaway and she has been notified! Yay, Kristina!****
I STILL have not figured out how to get my house perfectly clean by wiggling my nose.
As I’ve gone through this deslobification process over the past few years, I’ve realized that even more important than knowing how to clean is . . . doing it consistently.
Again, so irritating!
I’ve also realized that for the most part, I do know how to clean. Once the clutter is out of the way, I’m able to draw on the cleaning skills I learned from my mother and from working at a summer camp as a teenager. But there are always a few things that stump me. Things that make me shake my head.
And look away.
And pretend the cleaning dilemma doesn’t exist.
Which, unfortunately . . . doesn’t work. Because the not-so-clean item either stays in my house and continues to subconsciously irritate me, or I get rid of it. And suffer the guilt of knowing that the item could be salvaged if only I knew how to clean it.
But now, in the age of the internet, it’s ever-so-much-more difficult to use the excuse that you do not know how to clean something.
Molly Maid is well-known for their Maid Service, but they also now have a YouTube channel with videos of tips specifically for cleaning hard-to-clean items. There’s advice for washing baseball caps, getting sweat stains out of t-shirts, getting rid of furniture indentions in carpet, and more.
I thought I knew how to wash a shower curtain liner, but appreciated an extra tip that was given in this video:
I do wish that the videos contained some demonstrations, but they’re very clear and quick to watch. All of the tips are extremely simple and make irritating cleaning problems easier, which makes life easier.
I’m excited that Molly Maid is offering a giveaway! The giveaway is for one “Take Care of You!” gift pack including a nail file, foot pumice scrub, microfiber cleaner, etc.
Win a “Take Care of You” gift pack from Molly Maid ($50 value)!
This sweepstakes will end June 7 at 11:59PM PT, so enter now! A winner will be selected randomly from the comments on June 8 and contacted via email, at which time the winner will have 48 hours to respond with shipping information before a new winner is selected.
Enter up to five times by doing each of the following:
- One Entry – Tweet about the Molly Maid sweepstakes (you can even use one of the handy-dandy Tweets below, if you like) and leave a comment here with either the Tweet or the URL to the Tweet. Please be sure to tag your Tweet with #MollyMaidTips.
- One Entry – Tweet out the URL to one of the Molly Cleaning Institute videos and leave a comment here with either the Tweet or the URL to the Tweet. Please be sure to tag your Tweet with #MollyMaidTips.
- One Entry – Post about this sweepstakes on Facebook, and leave a comment here saying what you posted. Please tag the post with the #MollyMaidTips hashtag.
- One Entry – Write a blog post including at least one of the videos, and – you guessed it — leave a comment here with the URL to the blog post.
- One Entry – Just leave a comment on this blog post telling us about your favorite cleaning tips. They could potentially be included in a future video!
Sample Tweet: I just entered to win a gift pack from Molly Maid! You can too! http://www.aslobcomesclean.com/2012/05/cleaning-tips-and-a-giveaway/#MollyMaidTips
Sample Tweet: I just learned a new cleaning trick, courtesy of Molly Maid. Check it out for yourself! http://www.aslobcomesclean.com/2012/05/cleaning-tips-and-a-giveaway/ #MollyMaidTips
Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.