Virtual Office Manager (Chief Puzzle Master) position for Pink Bandana Media
Pink Bandana Media (Dana K White’s company) seeks a Virtual Office Manager (Lead Detail Juggler, Chief Puzzle Master, Team Coordinator) to join our team. The ideal candidate will love the A Slob Comes Clean brand and seek to help it grow. They will be passionate about increasing the brand’s level of professionalism while maintaining Dana K. White’s down-to-earth humor and style.
This person will act as coordinator of the Pink Bandana Media team members, decluttering details that do not need Dana’s attention so she can concentrate on aspects of the business that require her unique touch.
This is a work-from-home, contracted position with a starting pay of $25/hr, working 10-20 hours per week with availability to increase hours as the role develops. The right candidate will commit to a 90 day working relationship with the goal of continuing if the working relationship is a good fit for both parties.
Our ideal candidate will identify, organize and follow through on details across all facets of Pink Bandana Media. These include, but are not limited to, the following pieces of the puzzle that fit together to make up Dana K. White’s A Slob Comes Clean brand:
- Social Media
- Decluttering Coach Certification
This person will work closely with all team members and report directly to Dana K. White.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Creating and maintaining a project management system (ex: Slack)
- Managing ongoing projects (deadlines, details and to dos)
- Maintaining team calendar
- Leading bi-weekly team meetings
- Overseeing administrative tasks
- Handling issues with customers and team members
- Setting up and maintaining promotional calendar
- Improving and managing podcast show notes and transcripts
- Managing day-to-day operations of DeclutteringCoaches.com
- Designing and maintaining LinkedIn page
- Researching and building speaking connections
- Managing logistics for in-person retreats/events
- Covering and re-assigning essential duties during team members’ vacations
- Possible occasional travel
Weekday, daytime hours in a continental US time zone. (This is not a nights-and-weekends position.)
10-20 hours per week with ability to increase hours over time as needed.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Proficiency creating and using Google docs, forms, spreadsheets
- Competence navigating the back end of a WordPress website
- Basic design skills (ex: Canva, PicMonkey)
Skills not required, but definitely a plus:
- Facebook and Instagram ad creation and management
- Website design
- Takes their work very seriously, but doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Willing to learn new skills
- Feels confident tackling problems by researching and implementing solutions (including technical issues)
- Sees and understands the big picture of Pink Bandana Media and can identify details that need attention
- Willing to share creative ideas and communicate what needs to be done, but handles constructive criticism and reality checks well
- Gets jazzed about managing multiple tasks
- Willing and able to delegate effectively
- Enjoys managing others (telling people what to do), but skilled at kindness, encouragement and diplomacy
- Likes to have fun
- Thinks it’s fun to spread the word that there’s a better way to declutter
- Feels excitement every time Dana says, “So, I’ve been thinking . . . ”
- Loves to say, “I’ll take care of that!”
- Willing to eat TexMex every day on a team retreat (mostly kidding)
We thought about calling this position the Chief Follow Through Officer. While Dana and her team never lack for ideas, many details fall through the cracks. Pink Bandana Media (Dana K. White’s A Slob Comes Clean brand) looks forward to finding the right person who can expertly juggle questions, details, approvals, and more so Dana can concentrate on content creation.
While we are excited to train this team member in new skills, we are looking for someone who already understands the basics of online brand-building and business. The ideal candidate will arrive with a set of skills that will allow them to start tackling the majority of the duties listed above with confidence.
We are accepting applications for this position through September 30.