Hi! I’m Dana, and I blog here at A Slob Comes Clean as Nony (short for aNONYmous).
I’m a mother, blogger, freelance writer and former Theatre Arts/Speech teacher. I am also the author of 28 Days to Hope for Your Home (an e-book that’s not for the mildly disorganized).
Three years ago, I never would have dreamed that I would be asked to speak to women about anything to do with cleaning or organizing. My house was a mess. But as I have shared my own deslobification journey with the world, I’ve learned that many women also feel overwhelmed and struggle to manage their homes in the midst of busy lives.
My passion has always been to uplift and encourage women, and now I do that by sharing practical home management strategies that any woman (even the most hopeless!) can immediately implement to begin improving her home.
Manage Your Home without Losing Your Mind!
- How to develop basic housekeeping routines.
- How to reduce clutter and increase your home’s livability!
Hope for Hospitality
- How to develop housekeeping routines that will allow you to open your front door and welcome others into your home.
- How to adjust your perception of your own home and see it the way others do.
Gather Around the Table
- How to make family dinner time a priority.
- How to implement practical strategies in your kitchen that will allow you to serve home-cooked meals even on the busiest of nights.
My goals as a speaker are:
- To meet my audience exactly where they are. Not where they should be, but where they exist at this moment.
- To provide practical tips (including printed checklists and/or recipes) to help them run their unique homes more efficiently.
- To give women hope. Not all women struggle with housekeeping, but all women struggle with something. Even the most frustrating, flabbergasting, can’t-seem-to-change-it trait can be tackled and examined and improved.
- To make people laugh. Laughter unifies. When women laugh together . . . they connect with one another. And isn’t that what we all desire most?
Feedback from women who have attended my sessions:
“So loved your presentation today at our MOPS group!!! You really hit home with me and I love how you are so honest and real. I believe that you have led me in the right direction and I feel that I can tackle my clutter. Thank you!”
“Thank you so much, you are truly an amazing speaker and motivator.”
“Dana is highly entertaining and has some great tips, even for the mildly disorganized.”
“Honest, fun and practical. I love your energy and creativity and your zeal for God.”
“I’m so glad I came!”
“Your presentation at our moms’ group was fantastic – everyone commented on how good it was! You were very helpful and entertaining.”
“I love that you are so honest about your imperfections because we all suffer from some kind of issue.”
I am available to speak at moms’ groups, women’s events and retreats.
You can check out my podcasts to get a feel for my speaking style and entertainment value! I am available to speak in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Please use contact me to ask for more information.