get-how-to-manage-your-home-without-losing-your-mind-wherever-books-are-sold

Teaching Kids to Fold Laundry

Teaching Kids to Fold Laundry at ASlobComesClean.com title

It’s a big day around here.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve never actually shown my kids.  I know most bloggers do, and it’s not that I’m against it, but this blog has been about me and my issues and not really about them.

But . . . since Teaching Kids to Clean is the theme around here this summer, I’ve enlisted them to make some instructional videos!  I didn’t really have to beg, since they are all spotlight hogs!  (Not sure where they got that . . . )

Anyway, in our first Kids How-To Video, my special guest is teaching how to fold towels (using the rolling method) and how to pair up socks.

If you’ve never watched any of my videos . . . I think this should be your first!  I was quite impressed with how this 6yo didn’t need a bit of coaching or practice, she just went for it.

I think she just really loves telling people what to do. (Not sure where she gets that, either . . . )

Are you ready?

May I present . . . Little Nony!  (Her name she gave herself!)

If you’re reading through email, you’ll have to click through to the post to see the video, or go here to watch it directly on YouTube.

250-kids-clean4

get-how-to-manage-your-home-without-losing-your-mind-wherever-books-are-sold

Comments

1. 1

CUTENESS! I could just eat her up!

My 6 and 7 year old boys wanted to know who the cute girl was. They watched the video and now they want to fold socks. Go figure. 🙂 I’ll go add it to their chore chart!

2. 2

Aaahhhhh! Dying of cuteness! A star is born!

3. 3

Little Nony is way. Too. Cute! She did a wonderful job! ‘applause’ 🙂

4. 4

Oh my goodness she is adorable! And a natural in front of the camera!!

5. 5

So cute – love the spin-around-transformation. 🙂 I read your e-book last night and loved it.

6. 6

Hilarious! Well done.

7. 7
    Vanessa says:

she is so cute! And what a ham! I love that she suggests asking your mom if you don’t know how to fold a towel.

8. 8

AAww how cute is she?? I fold my towels the same 🙂

9. 9
    Lenetta says:

That thud you heard was me hitting the floor after i passed out from cuteness. The pink bandana put her over the top!! 🙂

10. 10

Very nice!! The 2 things I teach my kids are socks and towels! My 3.5 yr old LOVES to fold towels with me!

11. 11

Little Nony is certainly a chip off the old block, huh? 🙂 So adorable- I was laughing out loud (got the “look” from my husband) as she described why you wouldn’t want the heels of your socks to be opposite: “you don’t want that, it looks messy!” I can honestly say I’ve never heard a 6 year old say that before. 🙂

12. 12

your video keeps telling me it is private…how can I view it?

13. 13

When I click thru to the video it gives me a noir screen and in white letters it tells me “This video is private.” No fun 6 yo and mad folding skills. So too when I go to the blog directly here = same issue. Sadness.

14. 14

Keep trying to view it and it says it’s ‘private’. Any hints?

15. 15

Yes, I am having the same problem as Tiffany…

16. 16

Me three! Says it is private ,here on your site and also on youtube….

17. 17

I can’t view it either 🙁

18. 18

Me either 🙁

19. 19
    Christy says:

I can’t view it either 🙁

20. 20

same here – I was all ready to view the cuteness and get a good lesson to motivate my kiddos to help with folding the laundry but I get the ‘private video’ message

21. 23

Same here–Message “This video is private. Sorry about that.” 🙁

• 24

I think I fixed it. Let me know if it still isn’t working!

• 25

You fixed it! It’s so cute! I love her commentary as she is folding the towel & matching the socks (“not this way, THIS way”) LOL
        You made it fun for her to learn! That’s awesome!

22. 26

Loved Little Nony!. She is a credit to you and your teaching.

23. 27

What a cutie!!! I love it!

24. 28

She is too cute! My almost 6 year old has been on a folding kick lately so I think I need to start doing this with her. Thanks!!!

25. 29
    Jennifer says:

Love the way she demonstrates the “wrong” way first! 🙂

26. 30

Cute!, Cute!!
    I tried to contact you via email but your contact page is done. You might be interested in our How to fold a fitted sheet video.
    Tawra

27. 31
    Shannon L says:

So cute. I’m going to show this video to my daughter.

28. 32
    melissa c says:

Omg so adorable thank you for having her do the video

29. 33
    Rebecca says:

Ohhhhh! Your “Little Nony” webisode is just soooo adorable! Wasn’t she just the sweetest little thing?!